Thursday, May 21, 2009

Portfolio + Bookbinding

I am currently assembling and designing a portfolio by means of a hand-made binded book. This is my virgin voyage into bookbinding and book design. I am going to over-design everything, allowing myself to make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. Here are a couple of preliminary designs for the front cover.
Some obvious chinese decorative arts rip. I might actually re-design the whole thing as this is just a mock-up and a reconnaissance into the world of graphics design. It will be titled Billowing Knives I. I am also going to try my hand at a little relief embossing, hopefully that goes well, and more on that later on.

Here's a design for the page #s of the book. Hopefully this will look a lot better shrunken and in print. Some suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated from all you 0 people who read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment